The Ten Main Rules Of Safety Should Keep You Safe And Will Lower Your Chances Of Getting Hurt
1. Watch That Muzzle! Keep It Pointed In A Safe Direction At All Times
2. Treat Every Firearm With The Respect Due A Loaded Gun. It Might Be Even If You Think It Isn't
3. Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is In Front Of It And Beyond It. Know The Identifying Features Of The Game You Hunt. Make Sure You Have An Adequate Backstop-Dont Shoot At A Hard Flat Surface Or Water
4. Keep Your Finger Outside The Trigger Guard Until Ready To Shoot. This Is The Best Way To Prevent An Accidental Discharge.
5. Check Your Barrel And Ammunition. Make Sure The Barrel And Action Are Clear If Obstructions And Carry Only The Proper Ammunition For Your Firearm
6. Unload Firearms When Not In Use. Leave Actions Open; Carry Firearms In Cases And From The Shooting Area
7. Point A Firearm Only At Something You Intend To Shoot. Avoid Horeseplay With A Gun
8. Don't Run, Jump, Climb With A Loaded Firearm. Unload A Firearm Before You Climb A Fence Or Tree, Or Jump A Ditch. Pull A Firearm Toward You By The Butt, Not The Muzzle
9. Store Firearms And Ammunition Seperately And Safely. Store Each In Secured Locations Beyond The Reach Of Children And Careless Adults
10. Avoid Alcoholic Beverages Before Or During Shooting.Also Avoid Mind- Or Behavior- Altering Medicines Or Drugs.
Those Are The Top Ten I Just Wrote From A Magazine So Be Sure To Be Safe!!
One other thing to remember is never to walk across a log.
Always step over a log.
I was deep in the woods one day and walked across a log and fell off the log and broke my ankle. I had to walk the 3 miles out of the woods on a broken ankle, and I have had problems with that ankle ever since.
jeniffer123: Really nice post for dog lover and trainer.
Oct 11, 2017 12:28:22 GMT -5
rikus: Hi everyone we have a new hunting safari in South Africa please feel free to visit us at www.Savhs.co.za
Dec 9, 2017 9:00:11 GMT -5
madbeaver: This is a quiet forum....is anyone out there?
Dec 12, 2017 23:26:09 GMT -5
madbeaver: Just found a great podcast with Randy Newberg and the highlander hunting crew, for those of you that don't know how to podcast, the link is on this page: highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/
Jan 10, 2018 23:29:04 GMT -5
alberts: Hi, friends! was in Russia on hunting in this year. Used the Agency POWERINHUNT. No problem! I brought home a bear! Tell me, did someone address them?
Jun 9, 2018 4:41:01 GMT -5
souforce: Hi everyone I'm a beginner of hunting, can you give me some advice about hunting accessories? I plan to buy a riflescope from this website：https://www.souforce-hunting.com/c/riflescopes-0388
Apr 22, 2019 1:49:14 GMT -5
goodobjects: A newbie here. If you guys in need of hunting knives I have 2 up for grabs I would love to get your professional perspectives about hunting and would love sharing mine as well
May 6, 2019 8:47:56 GMT -5
gemihur: I have been in tombs that were more raucous than this forum.
Sept 10, 2019 16:24:47 GMT -5
gemihur: Seriously folks hunting season is on us. The allow 'urban archery' in my county! Does with bows, I call it. Let's stir up the old hunting excitement. Come On!
Sept 10, 2019 16:26:58 GMT -5
gemihur: Anyone planning to take down some whitetails this year?
Sept 10, 2019 16:27:48 GMT -5